We are fully committed to supporting and complying with the U.K. Data Protection Act 1998 and the U.S. Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998.
Our websites are designed to be fun and interactive and some of the online activities require parents/guardians to assist children to participate. Please discuss with your children use of the Internet generally as well as this policy so they better understand how to use our websites and the information we may ask for.
What Information is Collected?
The personal information we collect via the website may include:
- Any personal details you knowingly provide us with through forms, opt-in newsletters and via email, such as name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth etc. This includes personal information you provide us about other people for the purpose of sending electronic postcards (ie. name and email address).
- Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
- Your IP Address, this is a string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component on the Website. This information is used to monitor your usage of the website.
We may also collect information that is not personally identifiable, like your first name, your home town or the browser you use.
What Personal Information is Used For?
We collect information to enable us to provide you with services you have requested, and to provide you with an up to date, efficient and reliable service. We will not collect more personal information than is reasonably necessary to fulfil these purposes.
You can surf our websites, view content, play games and download materials without Classic Media collecting any personal information. However, the following activities and services that may be available through our sites require us to collect some personal information.
- Our websites may provide children the opportunity to send electronic postcards to family or friends. To send electronic postcards, we may ask for a first name, but we do not require children under the age of 13 to submit personal information about themselves in order to send an electronic postcard. However, we do ask them to submit the email address of the recipient of such electronic postcards.
- All information collected from electronic postcards is used only to send the requested electronic postcard and is deleted once the electronic postcard is sent.
- We may also collect an email address and name from a child for the purpose of responding directly to a specific online request from the child. As soon as the response is sent to the child, all information collected from such request will be deleted.
- Through our character websites we may request contact details and date of birth from a website user in order to send an electronic birthday greeting. If a child is under the age of 13, then parental approval is required in order for a child to participate in this function.
- We may use email addresses to send emails about products and services related to our properties and characters, such as TV broadcast dates or upcoming personal appearances of our characters. We will only send such emails to people who have selected to receive email updates on products and offers (see opting out below). If a child is under the age of 13, then parental approval is required.
- We may offer contests or competitions on our websites. We will collect personal information from contest entrants, such as name, address, email and phone number, solely for the purpose of running the competition. All information collected for a contest will be deleted when the contest is completed. If a contest or promotion is sponsored or co-branded with a third party, we will notify you before collecting your personal information and obtain your consent before transferring any of your personal information to such third party.
If you are under 18 years of age, you should always ask your parent or guardian before giving any information on the Internet (like your name, email address, home address, phone number).
We treat the security of personal information as a matter of great importance. All information we collect will be kept securely in accordance with our internal security policy. However, due to the nature of the Internet it is not possible to guarantee absolute security for the personal information that we collect and use. We have in place technical and physical measures that provide an appropriate level of security for the nature of the personal information that we process via this website.
Transferring your Personal Information to Other Parties
We may pass the personal information we collect to other companies solely for administrative purposes, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use the website and issuing our e-mails for us. These third parties will be required to maintain the confidentiality and security of your personal information and will not be allowed to use your personal information for any purposes other than to provide the administrative services requested by Classic Media.
You also agree that we may transfer your personal information to any person or company that acquires all or substantially all of the shares or assets of Classic Media UK Limited.
We will not transfer your personal information to any other party without your written consent (or the consent of your parents if you are under 18 years old), unless required by law or court order or requested by a law enforcement agency.
Transferring your Information to Other Countries
As Classic Media operates globally, it may be necessary to transfer your information internationally, and in particular, your information may be transferred to and processed in the United States or the United Kingdom. For residents of the European Union: the data protection and other laws of other countries outside of the European Union may not be as comprehensive as those of the European Union; please be assured that we take all reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy is protected.
Obtaining a Copy of, Amending or Deleting your Personal Information
You are entitled at any time to see what personal information we may be storing about you or your children, and to request that such information be corrected if inaccurate, or deleted from our records. If you would like a copy of this information, or to request a modification or deletion, please send us a signed request in writing by mail or fax at the address listed below.
If you have subscribed to receive emails about Classic Media including special offers, products and other information and you wish to opt-out of receiving them, you can do so by 1) clicking on the designated unsubscribe link within the Classic Media email update, 2) by selecting Contact Us from the appropriate section on the website and entering "Unsubscribe," along with the applicable email address, in the comments box, or 3) by writing to us at the address listed below.
If you have any questions, suggestions or concerns about this policy or Classic Media's privacy practices, or if you would like to request access to, modification or deletion of your (or your children's) personal information held by us, you can contact us at:
Classic Media UK Limited
100 Hammersmith Road
London W6 7JP
Tel: +44 208 762 6200
Fax: +44 208 762 6299
In order to improve our service we may use a device known as a 'cookie'. Cookies are a means by which information relating to your Internet activity (such as whether you have visited our website before) is recorded and used by us to improve the website and the products and services available to you. Cookies do not identify you personally, just the computer you are using.
Most browsers accept cookies as a default, but you can restrict or block them.
Internet Explorer version 4.0 and up:
- Pull Down Tools Menu and click on Internet Options.
- Click on Privacy tab.
- Choose between the range of "Accept All cookies" to "Block All Cookies".
Netscape version 4.08 and up:
- Pull down Edit menu and click on Preferences.
- Click on Advanced category.
- Under Cookies section click on the "Disable cookies" radio button.
- You may also choose to be less restrictive, but then check the "Warn me before accepting a cookie" check box.
- Click on the OK button.